Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vintage Easter Greetings



I love vintage postcards from the Victorian era. On a recent trip to the Baltimore Museum of Art, I picked up a neat set of vintage Easter postcard reproductions. You can't go wrong with Victorian bunnnies!

For example, these futuristic bunnies look like they are turning DEVO!



Here's a German Easter card:


Herr E. Rabbitt

My boyfriend claims this is a vintage card from the 1930s and that it says "Off to the death camps!" I think he lies.

This isn't vintage, but here's a great contempo shot of a scary big bunny at Eastpoint Mall taken by Julie Smith:



That bunny looks like he's been injected with a steady diet of steroids. Check out more of Julie's cool pix at her ultra-nifty website Come on Down to the Clubbasement.

Oh, and Happy Easter everybody!

2 comments:

dat Bea said...

Hi, I just saw your blog by chance and have to disappoint you even more: it is not even german, the Herr E. Rabbit...
the language is netherlands and means "happy Easter"...
But it is really really lovely, like the others. Have a good time!

Bea from Germany

Unknown said...

I also came across your blog when I was searching for vintage Easter images.
Bea is right. The card is in old Dutch and it means "Happy Easter". The modern spelling is "Gelukkig Paasfeest".
Great cards and Happy Easter!

Eliza from Austria